The curative qualities of thalassotherapy can help with all manner of aches, pains and ailments. Chronic fatigue, back pain, stiff joints…targeted treatments get to work to prevent and relieve common afflictions. A few days in the sanctuary of a thalasso will have you feeling full of health and vitality in no time.
Thalassotherapy is often used purely as a detox. But it is said to be effective in treating all kinds of conditions including eczema, psoriasis, back and muscular pain, arthritis and stress. As the metabolism is improved, this can lead to weigh loss and a reduction in cellulite.
A thalassotherapy treatment will begin with a chat about your health and lifestyle and any medical conditions you might wish to treat. From this, the therapist will decide a suitable program.
Typically, this will involve immersion in a warm sea water bath while being massaged by pressurised jets. The sea water is maintained at body temperature, which is believed to allow mineral ions to pass into the blood and toxins to leave it.
This is often followed by a complementary treatment, which could be anything from a seaweed wrap to a salt scrub or mudpack facial.
Tender loving care
Whether you’re taking preventative measures or you’re looking for a cure, the healing powers of seawater are harnessed to get you back in tiptop health. Those who suffer from poor circulation or swelling in the lower limbs will benefit from a program of hydrotherapy sessions, gentle water aerobics, massage and lymphatic drainage, leaving you feeling soothed, refreshed and lighter.
Goodbye to backache
Backache is one of the major ills of our time and consistent or recurring pain can affect not only your health but your spirit too. If you want to ease the pain and find that lightness of body and soul once more, opt for a specially designed treatment program. Hydrotherapy loosens up the muscles while massages and sea-mud wraps ease stresses and strains to target the source of the pain itself. The result? A soothing of the pain and the teaching of good practice to prevent it from recurring. No more back pain.
Young of heart, soul, body and mind… Thalassotherapy can help to keep you looking and feeling younger for longer with a combination of treatments to help keep joints supple and skin elastic. Tone up with gentle exercise, hydromassage and aqua-aerobics and reveal a fresher, more toned you, full of new-found vitality.
Some other benefits of thalassotherapy are:
- Muscle toning and skin cleansing
- Improved Sense of well being
- Balanced state of mind
- Weight loss aided by improved metabolism
- Improved cardiovascular functioning
- Boosting of the immune system
- Improvement of sleep quality
- Relief from the symptoms of; eczema, psoriasis, back and muscular pain, and stress
- Improves skin tone & circulation
- Reduces the look of cellulite
- Hydratesnourishes with essential vitamins & minerals
- Stimulates healthy cellular renewal
- Relaxes muscles and jointsencourages detoxification
- Alleviates sore muscles
- Increases the circulation and is excellent for reducing the thrombosis caused from varicose/spider veins, or diabetes
- Offers relief for burns & sunburn, cuts & bruises